Friday, May 21, 2010

Intro

I am a Latter-Day Saint and I want to be a Druid. This blog is an attempt to explain how they work together and do not conflict. It will start out as a collection of random ideas and quotes, but I hope to soon make it into a consistent whole. Many, including my parents, are disturbed by my interest in Druidry because they only know about NeoPagan Druidism. They are two different things. Druidry means, for me, a participant in the Druid Revival, which started in the seventeenth century as a response to growing environmental degradation, Cartesian philosophy and the power of established state churches. It is not a religion, but a craft as indicated by the "-ry" suffix. It is spiritual in the same sense as Freemasonry and like that craft, it can be applied to almost any religion. Gordon Cooper, one of the Archdruids of the Ancient Order of Druidry in America even told me in a private conversation about an atheist who found in all he needed spiritually in Druidry. I hope you can help me make this blog informative and readable. Polite comments are always welcome. Vulgarity, profanity and rudeness in comments will be edited or deleted, though I retain the right to say what I find appropriate.

3 comments:

  1. Here's an off the cuff idea when I perused your blog: have you heard of the Green Bible? I wonder if the same could be done for LDS scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I should have known Jonathan Blake would have already found this blog...

    ReplyDelete